Are you using Samsung Internet, Google Chrome, or Firefox on your phone? Your browser gathers and saves data each time you access the web, whether using Google Chrome, Firefox, or Samsung Internet. Getting into the habit of routinely clearing up that data is a good idea regardless of whatever Android smartphone you use. Here’s how you can quickly erase the cache and cookies from the browser on your phone.
What are Cache and cookies and how do they work?
This information is stored in your cookies and cache, enabling your phone to load frequently visited websites and enter into your accounts quickly. Websites store small text files known as cookies on your computer when you visit them. They improve the convenience of your online experience by saving browsing data. To speed up page opening the next time you visit, the cache stores page components including graphics. However, as time passes, this data builds up, taking up space on your phone and probably containing cookies that monitor your browsing behaviour in order to deliver tailored advertising. For instance, you may see advertisements for the product you are looking for on the platform or on other websites along with price comparisons when you visit an e-commerce site to make a purchase or to check the price of a product.
The formatting and loading of the website are fixed by clearing them. Although deleting the cookies and cache on your Android phone browser might seem difficult, it is actually much simpler than it seems. If that’s the case, we’ll show you how to erase the cache and cookies on your phone to increase your privacy and perhaps even your speed.
How to clear cache and cookies in the Chrome app
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app.
- At the top right, tap More.
- Tap History and then Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to Cookies and site data and Cached images and files, check the boxes.
- Tap Clear data.
How to clear cache and cookies in the Mozilla Firefox
- Select Settings from the menu button.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel from the drop-down menu.
- Click Clear Data under the Cookies and Site Data section.
- Clear the checkbox next to Cookies and Site Data.
- Click the Clear button with the Cached Web Content checkbox selected.
- Close the page about: preferences. Any modifications you make will be stored automatically.
Another method to remove the Firefox cache is as follows:
- Click the menu button to open the menu panel.
- Click History and select Clear Recent History .
- Next to Time range to clear, choose Everything from the drop-down menu, select Cache in the items list, make sure other items you want to keep are not selected and then click the OK button.
How to clear cache and cookies in the Samsung Internet
- Go to Settings and select Apps from the drop-down menu.
- Select Samsung Internet from the menu.
- Decide on a storage location.
- To delete all temporary files, tap Clear Data. To complete the operation, touch on Delete to confirm.
- To clear the browsing cache, tap Clear Cache.
What happens after you clear Cache and Cookies?
Some site settings are lost after you delete your cookies and cache. If you were logged in before, you’ll need to sign in again. Since content, such photographs, must be reloaded, certain websites could appear to be slower. If you’re signed into Chrome, Google’s websites like google.com and youtube.com will keep you logged in.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for the most recent tech news, reviews, and gadgets. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the newest technology and gadget videos. Using the Android app for the Gadget Bridge, you may also stay current. Recent news on cars and motorcycles can be found here.