If your computer’s audio isn’t working, there could be various causes. Your headphones may not be compatible, which could be the cause. Or perhaps the settings on your laptop changed after the Windows update. Read the procedures listed below to resolve the audio issues with your laptop.
Audio driver: Install or Uninstall
It is preferable to check the driver first if any computer device is not operating properly. to determine when it was last updated and whether an update is necessary right now. Your hardware is accessible through the device manager. If there are any yellow exclamation points, the driver has to be updated or reinstalled. Open the device manager using the methods provided, check the driver, and reinstall it if necessary.
- Press Windows + X keys
- Find device manager and click on it
- Tap on Sound, Video, and game controller
- Click on Realtek High definition audio or similar audio property
- Select uninstall device
- Now restart your laptop
- It will automatically reinstall the audio driver
Troubleshooting advice to get Android Auto back up and running
Examining the audio source is another simple way to determine if your laptop has a sound issue. The taskbar is where you can access the audio source. Verify the steps.
- Click on the Volume icon on the taskbar
- Find the inverted v sign and click on it
- Check for another speaker and select it
- If there are more than two options try clicking and checking on all.
- Not selecting the right speakers might be the problem
See also:How to use a pen drive to install Windows 10
Running Windows Troubleshoot is another approach for resolving the problem with your laptop speakers not producing sound. Windows Troubleshooters can solve a wide range of issues. Take these actions:
- Press Windows + I
- It will open settings
- Click on Update and Security
- Now select Troubleshoot on the left panel
- Check for errors
- Find audio errors: If any
- Click on Playing audio and run Troubleshooter
- The troubleshooter will direct you to the problem and you can fix it
Restarting the audio services is an additional technique for resolving the no sound issue with your laptop. The laptop speaker might function once more after restarting all audio services. Examine the procedure below:
- Go to the search box on the taskbar
- Type Services
- Click on the Services to open the service manager
- Locate: Windows Audio, Windows Audio Endpoint Builder, Remote Procedure call (PRC)
- Hit the right-click and restart each service
Enable Playback devices
Checking to see if the speaker’s capability is deactivated on the Playback devices is another way to fix the laptop speaker. You can access the control panel and solve the issue to activate it. Here is the procedure.
- Press Windows + R
- And run mmsys.cpl
- Find the disabled speaker and right-click to enable it
- Click OK and change it to Set Default
- For more settings, you can select properties
- Go to enhancement
- Check all the tab on enhancement
- And click OK
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for the most recent tech news, reviews, and gadgets. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the newest technology and gadget videos. Using the Android app for the Gadget Bridge, you may also stay current.