You could feel the need for a webcam if you use a desktop. Despite the fact that webcams are not particularly expensive, you could still wish to use your Canon DSLR as a webcam if you have one. Compared to traditional webcams, the Canon DSLR delivers videos of a far higher quality. Therefore, employing it as your primary video chat companion could be a wise decision. With the aid of a programme called SparkoCam, we’ll show you how to utilise your Canon DSLR as a webcam today. You can use this software to turn your Canon camera into a regular webcam for YouTube streaming, video calls, and conferences by following the steps below. The Canon DSLR can also be used as a webcam because the manufacturer now offers the software needed to do so. Here, we’ll discuss both.
Step 1: Access the EOS Webcam Utility at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center
Step 2: Download the on-screen instructions to instal the software on your PC or MAC after selecting Windows or MAC OS.
Step 3: Attach the USB cable that was included in the DSLR package to your compatible Canon DSLR.
Step 4: Set the Canon DSLR’s mode dial to video.
Step 5: Choose the Canoncamerain options in your Zoom or other video chat application. The work is complete.
If you do not have a Canon DSLR that is compatible with Canon EOS Web Capability, you can try the SparkoCam software as shown below. Additionally compatible with Nikon DSLRs is SparkoCam.
Step 1: Installing the software
1) Access the SparkoCam software’s official website (https://sparkosoft.com/sparkocam-download) and download and instal it.
2) Run SparkoCamInstaller.exe after downloading the installation package.
3) Complete the installation by following the on-screen instructions.
Step 2: Connecting your Canon DSLR to PC using a USB
1) You must first connect the USB wire from your Canon DSLR camera to your computer.
2) Switch on your Canon DSLR camera.
3) As soon as Windows detects the camera, a notification about the recently connected device will show up in a popup window. Even if the device is correctly connected, you might not always see the notification. It should be noted that the EOS Utility may start up if you have already loaded the software that is included with the camera. EOS Utility is not necessary for SparkoCam to operate, so you can simply shut it and move on to the next step.
Step 3: Launching the SparkoCam software
1) To turn your Canon DSLR camera into a webcam, open the Device page and choose the Canon Camera checkbox. SparkoCam detects the single camera you attach to your PC every time. In other situations, you must select the appropriate camera from the computer’s attached cameras list.
2) Select the SparkoCam Virtual Webcam as the source web camera in your chat programme, such as Skype or Google Meet.
3) You now need to set up the destination application so that SparkoCam will be used as the video source. For instance, in the Options dialogue, you can customise Skype by selecting SparkoCam Virtual Webcam from the list of available webcams.
You should be aware that there is no built-in capability for the Canon DSLR to use its microphones to record audio. Therefore, in order to enable audio capturing in your chat programme, you must purchase an external microphone.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for the most recent tech news, reviews, and gadgets. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the newest technology and gadget videos. The Android app for the Gadget Bridge can also keep you informed.