The need to visit a store to buy games is a thing of the past in this era of online gaming. Everything has shifted online, where customers and gamers can now buy games, thanks to the internet’s increasing popularity. But buying games online has its own set of issues. For instance, if you wanted to return an online game, you might not be able to get a refund. However, this is altering now that both Sony and Valve are providing digital refunds for purchases made on the PlayStation Store. This feature has also been added to Microsoft’s platform. Microsoft has now introduced refunds for digital Xbox One and Windows 10 games and apps that were purchased through the Microsoft Store. However, because the feature is new, the majority of users and gamers are unaware of it.
The methods for receiving a refund for purchases made through the Microsoft Store are listed below. We must, however, point out that not all games qualify for refunds.
Which video games are subject to refunds?
Users who bought games through the Microsoft Store can get their money back, but there are some restrictions and guidelines. Purchased games and software can only be returned for a refund within 14 days of the original purchase. However, it should be emphasised that gamers should have played the game for a total of no more than two hours on each account.
In other words, if you play the game for 50+ hours and try to return it before the 14-day period, you won’t be eligible for a refund. There is only a two-hour time limit.
Additionally, refunds will only be given for the original game itself; downloadable content, season passes, and other add-ons are not eligible for refunds.
Users should also be aware that they must wait at least one day following the game’s release date in order to receive a refund. As the company wants to make sure you have genuinely played the game rather than merely tried it out once, you can also have the game downloaded and started at least once before requesting a refund.
How can I get a Microsoft Store refund?
- First you need to log in to your Microsoft Account the one which you used to make the purchase.
- Go the menu bar on the top, and click on Payment & Billing.
- Here, click on Order History.
- Once there, go to the app or game you want a refund on and then click on Request a refund.
- That s it, you should get an instant refund if you have followed all the rules we stated earlier. You don t need to fill up a form or anything, but there will be times when the refund won t start and Microsoft will ask you to verify the reason of the refund. If that happens, you need to get in touch with a Microsoft representative within 72 hours of applying for refund.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for the most recent tech news, reviews, and gadgets. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the newest technology and gadget videos. Using the Android app for the Gadget Bridge, you may also stay current.