Almost everyone on the planet who owns a smartphone uses the extremely popular communication programme WhatsApp on a regular basis. It provides a variety of services, such as the ability to share photographs and videos, make video and audio chats, send documents, and recently, include payment capabilities.
However, if you regularly use WhatsApp, it is only a matter of time before your storage is filled. Therefore, we will walk you through How to fix storage full issue on WhatsApp in this article.
You can easily free up the storage on your phone so that you can use WhatsApp with ease if you just follow these easy instructions.
Clean WhatsApp media
The majority of the storage will be taken up with copies of the videos you uploaded if you share a lot of images and videos with your family and friends. All that is left to do is destroy those duplicates. Simply launch WhatsApp and carry out following actions:
- Click on the three-dot menu at the top right corner and go to settings.
- Now tap on Storage and data.
- Then click on Manage storage, you will find top chats that use most storage along with WhatsApp media.
- Just clean all the copies and unwanted videos and photos, and that is it.
See also: How to backup WhatsApp conversations on Android;
Delete files from file explorer
You can easily delete outdated videos and pictures by going to file explorer because some of them do not show up in WhatsApp. Just take the following actions to do it:
- Open file explorer/manager on your phone.
- After that go to internal storage and find the WhatsApp folder.
- Now that you have found the folder it is time to clean everything, which is not needed, and that s it.
By doing this, you can free up space on your phone so that WhatsApp can be used.
A risky way to clean storage
Reinstalling WhatsApp was one intriguing trick we discovered to save up space on the phone we are now using. You did indeed read it right. Here is how you can utilise this hack, which we have used a lot:
- Make a backup of your chat if you want to, if not then it will make even more space at the end of this hack.
- After you have made a backup of your chat it is time to either uninstall Whatsapp or just clear the data.
- Now when you will log in again on Whatsapp just tap on restore backup (If created), and that s all.
You can still add more storage even after restoring the backup (along with the media). In addition to these methods, you should always disable Whatsapp’s auto download feature to free up extra space.
Read more about how to clean a laptop.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for the most recent tech news, reviews, and gadgets. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the newest technology and gadget videos. Using the Android app for the Gadget Bridge, you may also stay current. Recent news on cars and motorcycles can be found here.