Via a single account, Google customers may access all of their services, including Gmail, YouTube, Chrome, and Google Meet. This makes it simple for you to use all of your content and subscriptions on various devices. Google makes sure that all of your data connected to the services you have used is safely destroyed when you elect to deactivate your Google account.
What happens when you delete your Google account?
The following things happen once you remove your Google account.
- You won t be able to access any data related to your account including your emails and photos.
- You won t be able to sign in to Google services or other websites using the deleted Google account.
- You will lose access to the content you bought or subscribed to using with that Google account.
How to create a backup of your Google account data before closing it?
Users can preserve the information associated with their Google account across all Google services, including Chrome, Drive, Pictures, and Hangouts, using Google Takeout. With the Takeout service, you can download and store an archive file that contains all of the data that was exported.
Follow these instructions to build a backup of your Google account.
- Go to the Google Takeout website (https://takeout.google.com/) and sign in with your Google account.
- Scroll through the list of all Google services. Here you can select the services that data of which you want to download.
- Click Next Step located at the bottom of the page.
- Here you can choose the method you follow to save your data. You may choose another cloud storage service like OneDrive and Dropbox to transfer your data to. You may also choose to receive a link to download your data via email.
- Choose the Export once option and select the format of the archive file you want to download.
- Click Create export to begin exporting your Google data.
The magnitude of your Google data will determine how long it takes to export. The process of collecting all the data often takes a few hours to a few days.
How to shut down your Google account?
You can proceed with account deactivation once your Google data has been saved to the storage you’ve selected. Follow these instructions to permanently delete your Google account.
- Sign in to the Google Account website (https://myaccount.google.com/u/0/data-and-personalization?pli=1).
- Click the Data & personalization option given on the left portion.
- Go to Download or delete your data > Delete a service or your account > Delete your account.
- You will be prompted to log in to your account again.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and check the boxes to give your consent for account deletion.
- Click the Delete Account button to permanently close your Google account.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for the most recent tech news, reviews, and gadgets. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the newest technology and gadget videos. The Android app for the Gadget Bridge allows you to keep current.