The greatest browser for browsing the internet is Google Chrome. Google is the default search engine for Google Chrome, but you can choose another one if you’d prefer. The web browser is perfect for many internet users, and you can always change the default browser whether you’re using a PC or a smartphone. For information, see the how-to guide below.
How to change on the Computer: Windows or Mac
Although Google developed Google Chrome, you are not required to utilise Google’s search engine. To choose Google Chrome as your default search engine, you have a lot of options. Some of the choices include Yahoo, Bing, and DuckDuckGo. No matter what operating system you use to access Google Chrome—Windows 10, Linux, Android, or iOS—the browser still enables you to change the default search engine to one of your choosing. The procedures to changing Google Chrome’s default search engine are shown below.
- Open your computer: Windows or Mac
- And open the Google Chrome application
- Now find the vertical three-dot on the top right corner
- From the drop-down menu select settings
- And from the left panel option: Find Search engine
- Click Search engine and go to manage search engine
- Now from the option of search engine select your preference
- After selecting click on the three-dot menu
- And choose to make default
- If Google search engine is not available on the options list you can use the Add option on the top right corner.
- When the search engine page pops up enter google.com and add
- And make Google your default search engine
How to change Facebook’s language settings on a PC, an Android device, or an iOS device.
How to change on mobile devices
Google Chrome users on smartphones are frequently made to believe that Google is the only search engine choice. On a smartphone, Google services are heavily integrated, however there are alternatives to change the default search engine to whichever search engine you choose. Here are the steps you can follow to modify your smartphone’s default settings.
- Open the Google Chrome app on your smartphone
- Now go to the vertical three-dot option
- Click on the setting by going down the page
- On the search engine option input the search engine you want
- Now using the blue colour input the default search engine provided on the list
To make Google Chrome the default app browser on your phones, select the Advanced option.
Check out these other articles: Apple iOS 15 rumours debunked: new features, compatibility, and debut date
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for the most recent tech news, reviews, and gadgets. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the newest technology and gadget videos. The Android app for the Gadget Bridge allows you to keep current.