We thought it would be a good idea to guide you through the storage capacity on offer so you can choose which one is most suitable for your needs as the new iPhone series is ready to appear on September 7. Some consumers are left wondering whether it’s time to replace their current iPhones because new iPhones are released every year. How frequently you should replace or upgrade your iPhone is another topic we cover in this article.
According to reports, the iPhone 14 Series will go on sale starting on September 7.
There is no perfect iPhone storage solution. Your choice of iPhone storage is largely based on how you intend to utilise it. Make sure you know what you want from a new iPhone before you purchase one. Since Apple does not provide expandable memory, once you purchase an iPhone, the storage space is fixed until you upgrade your device.
Apple currently sells iPhones with storage capacities ranging from 64GB (iPhone SE) to 1TB (iPhone 13 Pro Max). Which is the best option for you, then?
- 64GB: Simply put, 64GB is just not enough for average smartphone use. The iOS updates and app data will take up a sizeable portion of the storage stuff, leaving you with very little space to store your files, pictures, videos, and emails. With this amount of storage space, you will find yourself being heavily dependent on cloud storage. We would only recommend 64GB storage to people who want a phone for very light use outside of the basic functions, or if they re looking for a secondary phone to go with their primary driver.
- 128GB: 128GB of storage space is ideal for moderate use. You wouldn t have to worry about running out of space while taking pictures or downloading apps on your phone, but if you plan on recording and storing a lot of 4k videos on your phone or playing heavy games like Apex Legends and Call of Duty, 128GB of storage space just won t cut it. If you re a vlogger and use the iPhone as your primary shooting camera, you would want to switch to a better storage model.
- 256GB: For regular users, 256GB is more than necessary. You ll barely find yourself using cloud storage for pictures and other media. You would also be able to store tons of music and movies offline on your device. You can even download multiple console-quality games like Fortnite, Apex Legends, and Genshin Impact. If you spend a lot of time on your phone, this is the storage space you should be looking for.
- 512GB: If you re a content creator who shoots videos using the iPhone camera, 512GB of storage space should be ideal for you. You can store all your vlog footage in 4k without having to be overly reliant on cloud storage. This spec is recommended for users who plan on creating content for TikTok, Instagram Reels, and YouTube.
- 1TB: For most users, 1TB of storage space is overkill. You can save up a lot of money by going for smaller storage space. But if you plan on using the iPhone for professional use, this storage capacity is ideal for you. With 1TB of storage, you will be able to store tons of footage shot in Apple ProRAW and ProRes format.
How often should I change my iPhone?
Every year, new iPhone models are released, making it simple to give in to temptation and purchase the most recent model. The majority of customers choose to hold onto their smartphone until it is absolutely required to acquire an upgrade, even if using a new iPhone with all of its latest features is always a pleasurable experience. Here are several indicators to watch out for if you’re debating whether to update or upgrade your iPhone.
- Your iPhone has stopped getting software updates: Usually, Apple is pretty consistent with rolling out new software updates for old iPhones. Some iPhone models have even gotten updates for five to six years, which is more than most Android devices. Once your phone stops receiving software updates, it becomes more vulnerable to malware and security threats. While it may still work fine without a software update, you should consider upgrading to a newer iPhone.
- The battery doesn t last that long: Over a period of time, the battery on your iPhone starts draining faster. You can check your iPhone s battery capacity by going to Settings>Battery>Battery Health. Your iPhone will give you a measure of current battery capacity compared to when it was new. The battery capacity steadily drops over time, and if you find yourself charging your iPhone multiple times a day, it might be time to make the switch to a new iPhone.
- Looking for new features?: With new iPhones rolling out every year, their ability and features are also constantly expanding. If you re using an iPhone that is a few years old, it may not have 5G connectivity or superior water resistance. If any of the new features interest you, you should think of changing your iPhone.
- New accessories don t work: While Apple offers its best to offer backwards compatibility for most of its accessories, you may find yourself missing out on the new products if your iPhone is way too old. Products like AirPods and lightning pin connectors may not work with your iPhone. Buying a new iPhone is much easier and eventually more cost-effective than purchasing compatible accessories online.
- Camera quality drops down: It is no secret that the camera quality of the iPhone drops down significantly with extensive use over a period of time. With Apple equipping the iPhone with new and more powerful cameras every year, the difference in the quality of pictures is night and day. If you re a photography enthusiast, you may want to get the new iPhone every two or three years.
- iPhone has sustained some damage: Depending on the severity of the damage, you can make a call whether buying a new iPhone would be cheaper than repairing the damaged one. Sometimes the costs add up to the extent that you re better off buying a new iPhone. Sometimes even a small drop can damage multiple parts of your phone including the screen, cameras, and the lock button. In this scenario, you should look into buying a new iPhone.
Read More: iPhone 13 vs. Nothing Phone 1 Smartphone Comparison
This was a comprehensive overview of how much iPhone storage you require and when to replace or update your iPhone. We sincerely hope that was helpful. This guide will assist you in determining whether you need to replace your current iPhone and which storage capacity you should choose before the new iPhone is launched on September 7. Some retailers also provide profitable exchange deals that allow you to trade in your old phone for a discount on a new iPhone.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for the most recent tech news, reviews, and gadgets. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the newest technology and gadget videos. Using the Android app for the Gadget Bridge, you may also stay current. Recent news on cars and motorcycles can be found here.