It goes without saying that we frequently forget the passwords to our WiFi and social media accounts in the modern era when we have to remember so many passwords. We offer several easy hacks/ways for you to retrieve your WiFi password if you have forgotten it and are now unable to access it. We’ll outline the top 5 ways to retrieve your wifi password in this article.
Simply adhere to these straightforward steps, and you ought to be able to recover your wifi password.
Check if the password is on wifi router
It would be relatively simple to reset your home’s wifi password if you had forgotten it. Simply take the wifi router and scan it for any stickers that have been applied. The wifi network password may be written on a sticker; but, if you’ve changed the password, this approach won’t work. The password will be made clear in several places, such as the SSID, Wi-Fi password, Default password, password, or a similar phrase. You only need to see the password from there to be ready to proceed.
Find password in windows 11
So you can use it to discover the WiFi password if you have a Windows computer that you use and that is also linked to the WiFi that you forgot. Simply take these actions.
- Go to the settings in your windows 11 pc, then click on Network and sharing.
- Scroll down and click on the More Network adapter option under Advance network settings, a window will pop up.
- Select your WiFi and then click on wireless properties.
- Change tab to security and you will find WiFi password over there.
The process of finding passwords on Windows 10/8/7 is fairly similar.
Also read: How to recover a Windows 10 Wi-Fi password that has been forgotten.
Press the WPS button to connect another windows device
You should perform this step if you do not currently have a Windows computer linked to a WiFi network.
- Take your router and examine it if it has a button that says WPS.
- If yes then press the button and you should be able to connect any device to the network for a while
- Connect your windows pc to it.
- Now that you have connected the pc to the wifi network just follow the first way and you should be able to recover the password.
Find wifi password with iPhone or iPad
With the use of aniPhoneoriPad, you may reset the password for any wifi network that your iPhone or iPad is linked to. PassFab iOS Password Manager is an option. Just adhere to the directions.
- Install the PassFab iOS Password Manager on our PC or laptop and connect it to your iPhone or iPad.
- Once you connect your device using a USB cable, begin the scan to initiate the recovery process.
- And as soon as the scan completes, you ll recover your password, now just note it down anywhere so that you can find it later on.
Find through router settings
If you know which router brand you are using and search for instructions on how to open IP settings in that router, you can also get wifi passwords there. Just follow these steps.
- Open your web browser and type the default IP of your router most of the routers have 192.168.0.1.
- Then login to the setup page if you have not changed these settings before then the username and password will be mentioned on your router
- From there you can look for the SSID option and you can change or view the wifi password from there.
Additionally, see How to Improve WiFi Signal When Working From Home.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for the most recent tech news, reviews, and gadgets. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the newest technology and gadget videos. Using the Android app for the Gadget Bridge, you may also stay current. Recent news on cars and motorcycles can be found here.