Everyone wants and needs to be able to download things from the internet quickly. Naturally, having more internet bandwidth is essential for faster downloads, but there are other ways to get faster internet as well. The instructions in the guide below will help you speed up your Google Chrome browser’s downloads.
Google DNS usage:
Domain Name System, or DNS, converts a website’s readable domain name to an IP address that is readable by computers. Additionally, while using DNS for download may not be the best option, it could speed up the process. You can increase your download speed by using a third-party DNS address. Follow the instructions below to configure DNS in your Google Chrome browser.
- Using the search box on the left bottom corner open the Control panel
- Select Network and Internet>Network and Sharing center>Change adapter settings
- Right-click for Properties> Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)>Properties
- Select Advanced>DNS tab
- And click on Use the following DNS server address
- Replace the website address with the IP address from the DNS server
The best approaches to fix YouTube not working on desktop Google Chrome
Verify Prefetch is turned on:
Prefetch is a network action prediction tool that speeds up page opening. You may speed up downloads in the Google Chrome browser by using the prefetch settings. When the prefetch settings are enabled, the Chrome browser’s web pages can load more quickly and efficiently, which can aid in your download. For the settings, adhere to the procedures below.
- Open Chrome browser and go to settings for the top right corner menu
- Select settings from the drop-down page
- Go to Privacy and Security
- Now select Cookies and other site data
- And turn on the Preload pages and experience faster browsing and downloading
Read more about how to modify the default destination for files downloaded using the Chrome browser.
Flag for concurrent downloading:
Enabling Parallel download on your Google Chrome browser is another way to speed up downloads. The actions listed below can be used to enable the parallel download flag settings.
- On your Google browser open a new window and in the address bar on the top type chrome://flags
- The Experiment window page will open up and on the search box you can type parallel downloading
- And from the drop-down opting use the pointer and select enabled
- Now relaunch as soon as it appears
- Relaunch the Chrome browser
Extension for Turbo Download Manager:
Installing the Chrome extension for the turbo download manager is simple. Additionally, the Chrome extension’s features include the ability to pause, stop, and resume multiple downloads. The download speed issue in Google Chrome can be fixed and the speed can also be increased by adding turbo download. The addon can also assist in saving photos from websites and extract audio from videos. The steps to add Turbo Download Manager to Chrome are listed below.
- Go to More tools>extension from the drop-down page
- Find the three horizontal line on the left top corner
- Open Chrome Web store>Search Turbo Download Manager on the search box
- Add to Chrome
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for the most recent tech news, reviews, and gadgets. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the newest technology and gadget videos. Using the Android app for the Gadget Bridge, you may also stay current.